We’ve compiled some coffee maker reviews for you to check out, and we choose only items with outstanding coffee maker ratings. Coffee makers are designed to bring the aroma and ambiance of a relaxed and contemplative coffee shop to your morning routine. Purchase a high-quality machine, and you’ll never feel the need to go out and buy a cup of joe at the high-priced coffee shop down the street. Once you start enjoying fresh coffee in the comfort of your home, you’ll never want to go back.
Top Best Coffee Maker Reviews
1. Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee Maker
If you want one of the best coffee machine options on the market, the Keurig K575 offers an exceptional level of features that you’ll be hard-pressed to find with any other unit. This is one of the best automatic coffee maker options available, and this is largely due to the fact that this unit will help you brew more coffee with less hassle. The machine offers a massive 80-ounce water reservoir, which is larger than the other products we’ve reviewed. It also offers a removable reservoir, which makes it extremely easy to fill and clean. Those built-in reservoirs tend to get clogged and will quickly make your coffee taste less than fresh. A removable reservoir can be scrubbed to remove all of the dirt and grime that accumulates with normal use.
You’ll be able to use a variety of K-Cup sizes, with brewing capacities that include 4, 6, 8 10 and 12 ounces. It also brews the carafe options, and you can choose from 22, 26, and 30 ounces. A nice trick is to use a 30-ounce pod to brew a 22-ounce pot of coffee. This gives you a bit of extra flavor, and you’ll be able to benefit from additional caffeine as well. This trick doesn’t work with all machines since the brewing capacity is often determined by the type of pod. You’ll also be able to choose the level of strength you need by using one of the five temperature settings. Any experienced coffee maker knows that temperature is an important component of any properly brewed cup of coffee.
One reason this machine is so sought-after is the color touchscreen display. This display makes it easy for you to select the perfect settings for your coffee. You’ll love how this machine makes it possible for you to enjoy a variety of options, and the machine clearly shows you the settings you’ve programmed in vivid color. There will be no room for any mistakes with this exceptionally well-designed unit that actually makes your life easier. The machine is ready to go when you want it, and if you leave it on, it will automatically power down to help conserve power and energy.
Many coffee makers don’t include filters. The assumption is that you’ll use filtered water to brew your coffee. While you should always use fresh, clean water, the filter adds an extra layer of filtration that not only protects your coffee flavor but your machine as well. You’ll love the way this machine gives you an exceptional level of control over every aspect of the brewing process, and you may even find yourself making coffee just to play with your new machine.
- The single-cup coffee maker option makes it perfect for a fresh cup of coffee without waste.
- A beautiful, programmable design ensures that you’ll have your coffee ready when for your morning commute or awaiting your arrival.
- The large reservoir will support more than 10 cups before you have to refill the tank.
- Suitable for multiple K-Cup brew sizes, and you’ll be able to brew an entire carafe if needed.
- The touch-screen color display is easy to use and program your exact settings for the perfect cup of coffee.
- With so many programmable options, some users will feel a bit overwhelmed by the options.
- The product is only designed to work with K-Cup brand products, but that helps make the product more efficient.
- Freshly ground beans can’t be used with this coffee maker, but K-Cup packaging uses a process that ensures freshness.
2. Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
If you only brew single cups of coffee at home, this is the best home coffee maker for you. The machine makes it easy to brew a single cup of coffee, and you’ll be able to choose from multiple K-cup sizes, including the 6-, 8- and 10-ounce size options. This option isn’t ideal for people who want to brew for the entire family or a group of people at once. But, the machine makes coffee so fast, it could easily be used for a small family that all need to get ready at the same time. However, this unit is specifically designed for the single-cup brew, and it is tailored to give you an exceptional cup of coffee with great efficiency.
One of the key features of this machine is the ease of cleaning that it provides. You’ll be able to quickly clean the machine with a descaler that keeps the coffee maker running in optimal condition. Coffee makers need to use clean and filtered water to prevent scaling and build-up in any machine. Since the water reservoir is both large and removable, you’ll also enjoy increased convenience. The large design means you won’t have to constantly fill the reservoir every time you want to brew a cup. The removable design makes it easy to clean the component using a mild soap and water to ensure the machine stays in optimal condition.
You don’t get much easier than this machine. Simply insert a pod, select your brewing size and you’re ready to go. The machine is designed to be easy to use, and you can set it to automatically turn it off after two hours to save energy and ensure that it doesn’t heat up your home. Although, the machine is so small and efficient that this isn’t one of those coffee makers that will cause your kitchen to heat up. As far as the design is concerned, this is one of the classic-looking Keurig brewers. It comes in two possible color options. Both colors are vibrant and use a design that is suitable for any kitchen environment.
Use two filters to help ensure your water is always crisp and pure. Since water is such an essential component to brewing a good batch of coffee, this feature will ensure you’re always getting the best water for your brew. The machine requires very little maintenance. Since it uses pods, you’ll never have a huge mess to clean up. Simply pop the top, pull out the pod and throw it in the trash. You can even open up the pods if you like and use them in your garden. While this unit isn’t automatic, it brews coffee so quickly that you won’t need the automatic feature. Simply put your cup in place the night before, and press a button to brew in the morning.
- The water filter handle has two water filters included in the handle to improve the taste of your coffee.
- A large 48-ounce water reservoir means less refilling and time spent preparing your coffee each day.
- Simple controls are ideal for the busy person who just wants a good cup of coffee without a lot of complicated settings.
- Save energy with the auto-off feature that is designed to shut down the coffee maker after two hours.
- A descaling routine makes it easy to clean your machine with a simple press of a button.
- The simple controls don’t provide exceptional control over heat and advanced settings.
- This coffee maker doesn’t offer the option to use ground beans.
- The coffee maker requires the use of specially-made pods that are supported by the company.
3. Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista Premium Espresso/Cappuccino System
If you want an incredible machine that is capable of making the highest form of coffee, you’ll love this espresso and cappuccino system. Not all espresso machines are created equal, a good machine will use a pump system and not use a steam-based system. The pump-based system is required to force the water through the highly-compressed espresso. With this machine, you’ll be able to get high-quality espresso since it uses a 15-bar system. Unless you want to pay several hundred or even thousands for a higher-quality machine, this is the perfect option for that occasional espresso craving.
While this machine doesn’t specifically make coffee, it does make high-quality espresso that can then be turned into an Americano. The machine is able to give you an exceptional level of control over your grinds, and you can modify your tamping pressure to get the right level of compression. With an espresso machine, you have to use a metal tamper to press down on the ground coffee. The right amount of pressure varies greatly depending on the beans, the temperature of the unit and the consistency of espresso that you want. However, most professionals recommend using about 15 to 30 pounds of force for an entry-level machine like this one.
The machine also includes an automatic milk frother that enables you to make perfect, creamy milk every time. You’ll love how easy and clean it is to make your own cappuccino or latte foam. With a little practice, you’ll be making drinks at home that rival those of the local coffee shop. Buy some syrups and some mocha, and you’ve got everything you need for your own personal coffee shop in the comfort of your home. You’ll love the creamy foam that forms the crema of your espresso, and you’ll be able to easily clean up when you’re done with the removable parts. One nice feature about this machine is its ability to easily keep the unit clean.
The machine comes with a single and double shot filter, so you can choose how many shots you want to brew. While the single-shot feature is a nice addition, you should hone your skills using the double-shot filter since it produces a higher-quality shot with less effort. Single shots of espresso are more finicky and can be more difficult to learn how to pull. Additionally, you’ll also love that the water reservoir can be quickly removed and filled at the sink to make it even more convenient to enjoy your espresso effortlessly.
- This machine produces exceptional espresso, cappuccino and lattes with a simple one-button operation.
- The beautiful design means it will look right at home in your kitchen.
- You’ll love the option to make perfectly frothed foam for your coffee creations.
- Spill-proof design helps minimize mess when steaming milk and making coffee.
- The drip-catcher and other components can be placed in the dishwasher.
- This isn’t specifically a coffee maker, but you can easily make a fresh cup of coffee in the form of an Americano.
- No hot water spout to make it easier to make simple, hot water-based drinks.
- While not designed as a cup warmer, the top gets hot enough to warm your cups.
4. Cuisinart DCC-3200 14-Cup Glass Carafe with Stainless Steel Handle Programmable Coffeemaker
Start with a stainless steel casing and end with an exceptional level of features and programmability, and you’ll end up with a machine that is capable of brewing exceptional coffee every time. You’ll love the sleek design of this machine, but the functionality is even more crucial to your enjoyment. One of the biggest issues with making coffee at home is how to get the water hot enough to extract all the oils and flavors but not so hot that it burns the beans. This machine is able to give you an exceptional level of control, so you can enjoy excellent coffee any time of day.
The machine is capable of making 14 cups of coffee, which is about as many cups as you might expect to find from any machine intended for the home. The unit offers a fully automatic timer that lets you prep your coffee up to 24 hours in advance and set the timer for the next day. This is a great option if you clean up your morning coffee before you leave for work and want to get your next day’s coffee ready to go. For people who work hard all day and don’t have the energy to get the coffee ready to go at night, this is an excellent feature.
The machine is able to keep the coffee warm for an extended period after it’s done brewing. The temperature control system keeps it at the optimal temperature to prevent burning the coffee. You’ll also be able to select the brew strength so that you can choose from regular or bold coffee. When it comes to getting the device cleaned up, you can use the self-cleaning feature to ensure your device runs at optimal efficiency. The system is also designed to help you get the most out of your grind, and you’ll be able to enjoy a consistently enjoyable coffee day in and day out. Flat-bottom filters are the hallmark of an inferior system, and the cone-shaped filters will help you get a complete extraction. Using a gold cone filter gives you the best possible coffee, and this unit comes with a gold cone filter for your convenience.
For safety, the machine has an auto shutdown feature that makes certain the unit doesn’t overheat or waste electricity. This feature is a valuable feature that can help keep you and your family safe. Often, it’s household appliances that cause house fires, and this unit can help keep your family protected by eliminating that possibility. While there are newer versions of this model, this one seems to provide the optimal balance of modern features and classic brewing technique to give you that coffee shop flavor at an extremely affordable price.
- Provides hotter coffee without burning the beans or destroying your roast.
- The selectable brew strength makes it easy to get the right amount of flavor.
- With a fully-automated functionality, you’ll be able to enjoy effortless coffee each morning.
- Choose the amount of coffee you want to brew to avoid waste.
- The keep-warm temperature control makes it easy to maintain the perfect temperature.
- While the coffee comes out nearing perfection, it does take about 10 minutes to run a full pot of coffee.
- This coffee maker works well, but you must be careful to keep it clean to avoid overburdening the components.
5. Keurig K250 Single Serve, Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker with strength control
This single-serve coffee maker is exceptionally well-designed and will look good in any kitchen. If getting a coffee maker seems like a complicated business, and you only plan to brew single cups, this is the best option for you. This unit comes in several different colors, so you can choose the color that fits your personality and style. You can also take advantage of the exceptionally slim design that makes it easy to fit anywhere in your kitchen. This device is designed for the modern life, and you’ll love how it allows you to store a large amount of water with the 40-ounce water reservoir. Since the reservoir is also removable, cleanup is a breeze.
Imagine brewing a different kind of coffee every morning, or giving your guests exactly what they want in record time. You’ll be able to brew tea, coffee and specialty drinks with minimal effort. For your next party, just run to the store and pick up several K-Cup options and you’ll be prepared for any guest. You can even get some apple cider options for the kids who really don’t need any more caffeine. The machine can brew in four single-serve sizes, including the 4-, 6-, 8- and 10-ounce options. You’ll also be able to brew a carafe with the 22-, 26- or 30-ounce options. If you want a stronger brew, you can simply use one of the larger pods and choose a smaller size.
If you’re more of a purist, there is also a strength control setting that will make it easy for you to get the right brew for your needs. The unit comes with a useful touchscreen display that makes it possible to brew in less than a minute. You’ll also love the ability to dispense just hot water using the brewer’s nozzle. This machine is simple in its appearance, but it has several uses that you’ll be thrilled to learn about as you get to know the machine. The bottom of the machine offers a removable drip tray that fits directly under your cup. This makes it less likely to spill coffee on the counter.
When you consider the customizable settings, the option to select from multiple color options and the extreme versatility of this machine, you’re getting an exceptional quality product. The machine can brew all your favorite brands, including Starbucks, Green Mountain Coffee and Traditional Medicinals for health tea options. Just check the packaging to make sure the pods work with your machine, and you’ll discover that a whole world of brewing options opens up to you. There is even the option to brew your own coffee with the K-Cup reusable coffee filter so you can make your own custom blends.
- This is one of the slimmest designs available, and it’s still capable of brewing four cups of coffee on a single tank fill.
- Choose from more than one color option to ensure you’re getting the coffee maker that matches your home.
- Comes with an intuitive black and white touchscreen to get the perfect brew.
- Get instant hot water using the convenient hot water dispensing nozzle.
- The machine comes with a removable drip tray to make it easier to clean after each use.
- The machine only accepts K-Cups, but you can use the K-Cup reusable filter to enjoy any coffee you like.
- The machine might not be the best choice for someone who has to brew for a large group, but it does make it easy to brew a new coffee with every cup.
- While the drip tray is removable, you’ll need to get a brush and wand to get inside the machine for a complete clean-up.
6. Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is a great option for anybody who wants a serious cup of coffee. You’ll enjoy the ability to choose from several different design options, and the number of colors this unit comes in is simply staggering. When it comes time to brew, you’ll be able to pause the process to grab a cup of coffee before the entire brewing process completes. This makes it possible for you to enjoy your first cup while you wait for the rest of the coffee to complete its brewing cycle. While the best results will be obtained from letting the entire pot brew, sometimes you simply can’t wait another minute. For the best results, use the programmable timer to set the unit to brew 24 hours in advance.
This coffee maker is designed to ensure you get the best quality water in your cup. Using a charcoal water filter, you’ll be able to move more impurities from the water. The unit also uses a gold tone filter to ensure that you get a good distribution of water throughout the filter. Gold minimizes interaction with the oils and elements from the coffee, and you’ll be able to enjoy an exceptional cup of coffee with your unit. The coffee maker is one of the best options for people who want a machine that boasts an ergonomic feel and a comfortable, dripless pouring technique.
When it comes time to brew coffee, you’ll be able to make up to 12 cups. If you make less than five cups of coffee, this machine has a special option for that to ensure you get the right amount of extraction for smaller quantities. With an automatic shutoff feature, you won’t have to sit at work wondering if you left the coffee maker on. The heater plate gives you the option of brewing at a low, medium or high setting, and you’ll be able to enjoy an exceptional temperature to help you get the right level of flavor. While the heating plate doesn’t offer more granular temperature controls, most people will find one of the three settings perfect for their needs.
As an added feature, the unit also comes with a measuring scoop and an instruction booklet. This makes it possible for you to enjoy the perfect cup of coffee and get step-by-step instructions on how to use the machine for the best results. When it comes time for you to brew your next cup, you’ll be able to choose the perfect grind from your preferred coffee supplier. Add some cacao powder to your grounds, and you’ll get a hint of mocha that isn’t overpowering.
- Includes the option to program the brewing process 24 hours in advance.
- The auto shut-down feature can help protect your home in case you forget to shut the machine down.
- With a charcoal and a gold-tone filter, you’ll be able to get an outstanding level of purity from your beans.
- The machine offers a beautiful chrome finish that makes it look amazing in any kitchen.
- While it brews excellent coffee in large batches, it’s not as well-suited for small batches of coffee.
- It comes with an instruction book, but this option might be better suited as a downloadable manual for a smartphone.
- The machine only permits the use of K-Cups and compatible pods.
7. Cuisinart CHW-12 Coffee Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Hot Water System
This machine offers a ton of features at a value price. You’ll get a 12-cup coffee maker that also has the option for running single cups. The unit features a hot water system, and the stainless steel design is intended to make the machine last a long time and stand up to time. You’ll love the ability to program your coffee experience up to 24 hours in advance, and the unit is able to help you get an exceptional level of control over how your brew turns out. This unit is also designed to be easy, and the entire internal component can be accessed for thorough and simple cleaning.
The carafe is made of glass, and it has a drip-free spout to ensure that the coffee goes straight from the carafe to your cup and not all over your floor. You’ll also enjoy the ability to control the temperature. Choose from low, medium and high settings to ensure you get the best possible options. When it comes time to enjoy something a little hardier, this device also allows you to enjoy instant tea, soup and other items that require hot water with the exclusive hot water system at the ready. Impress your friends and host a small party with the ability to brew up to 12 cups at a time. Your guests will be able to stay alerted and avoid the need to tap out early.
The system is also easy to clean. With a self-cleaning feature, a deep clean is just a button press away. You’ll also love that the unit is made from BPA-free materials. This is especially important with units like coffee machines because the hot water will degrade lesser-quality plastics more quickly. Using a BPA-free design is important to your family’s health and well-being. Always know when hot water is ready with the simple indicator light that lets you see when the water has reached its optimal temperature. This unit is designed with convenience in mind, and you’ll be able to get an exceptional level of control using the available customizations.
While the removable drip tray is useful for catching stray coffee, it can be removed if you need to brew into a tall travel mug. Since it’s removable, it’s also extremely easy to clean and keep in top condition. You’ll also love that there is a safety feature that prevents hot water from being dispensed from the machine. When you need hot water, just push the switch and then use your other hand to control the amount of liquid you need.
- Comes with a self-cleaning function so that you can enjoy an outstanding cup of coffee without a complicated clean-up procedure.
- A stainless steel design makes this an exceptionally durable item that is easy to wipe down.
- The unit is fully programmable, and you’ll love how it can be adjusted to make coffee within a 24-hour time period.
- For those mornings where you’re not quite awake, the brewing process can be paused if you want to sleep in or if you notice it overflowing
- The drip-free spout makes it easy to pour coffee without it going all over your counter.
- The machine doesn’t offer a dedicated spout for making hot water.
- Unlike some other models, this unit doesn’t feature a backlit feature for that calming glow.
- The heater plate is adjustable, but it’s not an exact temperature setting and you can only choose from low, medium and high.
8. Hamilton Beach 49980A Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker
While some companies create a double-brew system that only appears to be a good value, Hamilton Beach has actually managed to create a respectable two-system coffee machine. Choose from a single or full carafe of coffee, and brew into a single cup on the side when you’re in a hurry and just want a cup of coffee as you run out the door. The unit is designed to be user-friendly, and there aren’t a lot of features to get in the way of its design. This doesn’t mean the unit isn’t highly capable though, you’ll get plenty of necessary features to help you control your brew and get the perfect cup of coffee.
The unit can be used with SenseoPods and any compatible pods. The single-serve side of the unit holds only enough water for you to fill your cup. Not only does this help ensure you don’t overfill, it also makes it possible to use fresh water to ensure the optimal coffee quality. For the travel-sized portion of the unit, you can use a mug that holds up to 14 ounces of coffee. The mug isn’t included, but this makes it possible for you to use any of the mugs you likely already have that are waiting to be put to good use. The unit is designed to give you an amazing cup of coffee when you use the full carafe option as well. When it comes time to enjoy your coffee, you’ll be able to entertain for hours with a 12-cup glass carafe.
The system includes a programmable timer, and you’ll also love that it shuts off after two hours. With a digital control panel and display, you can see the time and program your brewing event up to 24 hours in advance. You’ll also enjoy the fact that you can set the brew strength you like, which gives you the option to choose from regular or bold brewing methods. Add a bit more coffee to the machine, and you’ll be able to get an even stronger brew. Another nice trick to remove some bitterness is to add a touch of salt to your grounds. This will reduce some of the acidity and give you an exceptionally smooth cup of coffee.
If you’re out of time and you don’t want to mess around with grinding your own coffee, you can use soft pods to prepare your coffee with additional ease. One of the issues with soft pods is that they can easily move around, which can give you a less than perfect extraction of flavors. This unit comes with a clip that makes it possible to keep your beans in position, so you don’t have to worry about getting an unequal extraction. The unit also comes with a single-serve brew basket so that you can brew only the amount of coffee that you need. Simple controls and ultimate functionality make this machine an exceptional value for the money.
- The best of both worlds, this coffee maker allows single- or full-carafe brewing options.
- A programmable timer makes it easy to prepare your coffee ahead of time to be ready at the perfect moment.
- The control panel and display feature large buttons that make it easier to use.
- Don’t worry about leaving the coffee maker on all day with a two-hour programmable shut-off feature.
- Choose the style of coffee you want with the ability to use pods or ground coffee in the machine.
- The machine is a bit on the large size so it might not be an ideal option for a small kitchen.
- The machine won’t work with K-Cups, it only works with Senseo and other compatible pods.
- The single-serve portion isn’t as good as some of the dedicated single-serve coffee makers on the market.
9. Hamilton Beach 49980Z 2-Way Brewer
This 2-way brewer is designed to help you enjoy a single cup or a full carafe of coffee much like the 49980A model. However, this model makes it possible to brew both cups side by side, and you’ll also enjoy a few extra features to make this an upgrade worth considering. The unit comes with many of the same features of the 49980A model, but you’ll also get an extra-large capacity reservoir so you won’t have to add water as often. The unit is designed to give you programmable options to get your coffee ready at the perfect time.
The unit offers the ability to use Senseo pods for the single cup brew, but you don’t have to use those pods with this machine. You can also use the small permanent filter that comes with the unit to place your standard coffee grinds in the single-brew section. This unit is designed to be highly flexible, and you’ll enjoy the ability to switch back and forth from the single-serve to the full pot option without having to empty all of the water from the reservoir. This is an issue with many of the other models available. If you want to switch from a single to a full carafe, you’ll usually have to empty the water out of the reservoir.
There are many reasons to purchase this unit over some other options. You’ll be able to brew an entire standard-sized pot of coffee one moment and brew a fresh single-serve cup of coffee the next. The single-serve side also makes it easy to brew custom drinks like vanilla latte flavored coffee or other seasonal flavors that often come out. The unit has a timer, so it will shut off after the unit has been idle for awhile. If you forget to turn off your coffee before leaving the house, this option can be a true life-saver. The unit is designed to get you the perfect brew with a temperature setting that is designed to extract the most flavor from your beans.
The unit boasts a modern design, and it’s not so big that it will take up too much space on your counter. If you need a machine that is able to get you an exceptional level of flavor, this unit is designed to extract the full flavor profile from your beans. Another great feature is that the unit doesn’t cause any problems that some of the lower-end models create by burning your coffee. Ultimately, this is one of the best affordable coffee makers available, and it will provide you with years of reliable use.
- This option provides one of the best inexpensive coffee makers, so you can enjoy a single cup of coffee or an entire batch.
- The carafe-side water reservoir features a large tank to prevent the need for multiple fill-ups.
- There is a pod holder for soft pods that snaps onto the brewing basket.
- This coffee maker has fewer limitations on the types of pods it can take than some of the other competitive models.
- You decide how you want your coffee with the option of ground coffee or pods.
- The construction doesn’t seem as solid as some of the other models, but it still should last a long time.
- When it comes to brewing for large groups, it’s not the fastest coffee maker available.
- The machine doesn’t include a hot water dispenser, but it’s still one of the best cheap coffee makers available.
10. Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT-AM 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe Option
Last on our list is a unit by Mr. Coffee. While you’re not going to find Mr. Coffee in your average cafe, this unit does offer an exceptional value. If you want the cheapest coffee maker you can find that still has the ability to provide a suitable cup of coffee, this may be your best option. Go any cheaper and you’ll start to get into the realm of coffee makers that are designed poorly and won’t last very long. When it comes to quality, you should aim to buy the best machine you can since the more expensive machines do tend to last longer. However, this is a good machine if you just want something simple with no frills.
The unit comes with a 26-inch cord so that you can set the coffee maker in a place on the counter that makes sense for you. The modern design makes this model look much more expensive than it actually is, and people who see this coffee maker will wonder how much you paid for it. The unit also comes with the option to use a thermal carafe so you can enjoy hot coffee for a longer period of time. When it comes to getting the most from your day, you’ll be able to brew some coffee and drop the parts in the wash for easy cleanup.
The unit is made from materials that are designed to keep your coffee hot for a longer period of time. You’ll love the auto-pause feature that lets you grab a cup of coffee and then let the brewing process continue when you replace the carafe. For additional functionality, you can set the fresh brew timer to make it even more convenient to grab a cup of coffee when you’re in a rush. For such an affordable unit, you might be surprised to learn that it comes with water filtration. This is essential to ensuring that you have a machine that is able to help you get clean and pure water.
With a two-hour shutoff feature, a freshness timer that tells you how old the coffee is and the brew strength selector that lets you select the perfect brewing strength, there really isn’t much of anything to criticize about this machine. The company has been in business since 1970, and they have continually produced high-quality units that are designed to meet modern aesthetics and stand the test of time.
- This is one of the best budget coffee makers for someone who wants a programmable unit.
- The machine includes the option to get a thermal carafe, so you can enjoy your coffee longer.
- The machine includes the option to get a thermal carafe, so you can enjoy your coffee longer.
- Use the auto-pause feature to grab a cup of coffee and let the brewing resume when you’re done.
- The fresh brew timer and brew strength option make this a full-featured machine.
- This isn’t one of the best small coffee makers, but it does provide an excellent cup of coffee.
- The coffee maker doesn’t get as hot as some of the other models available.
- There is no spout to pour straight hot water for tea lovers and other uses.
The Popular Brands of Coffee Makers
The most useful coffee maker is the one that makes your coffee in the manner and style that you prefer. With a good coffee maker, you’ll be able to get a robust taste that you can savor during your morning ritual. The best brands offer convenience, useful features, and durable designs to enable you to enjoy your coffee maker for an extended period of time. When browsing through coffee maker ratings, it’s important to remember that brands stand the test of time. They offer reliable customer service and exceptional support for all of their customers. Don’t waste money on a brand that doesn’t give you what you need to enjoy a reliable product.
One of the best coffee makers is the Keurig line that uses a proprietary K-Cup for most of their machines. While this may seem like a limitation, there are a number of world-class coffee roasters that work with the K-Cup format. Starbucks and Green Mountain Coffee are just a few of the products that make K-Cups available for use. You’ll also be able to use many other brands from companies like Traditional Medicinals to brew life-affirming teas and other products. During the holiday season, you’ll even find options to brew specialty drinks like caramel apple cider.
Other coffee maker reviews may provide the cheapest coffee makers available on the market, but the top coffee makers are typically from names you can trust. Keurig, Mr. Coffee, Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach are some of the top rated coffee makers available. Choosing one of these brands ensures you’re getting a certain level of quality. It’s also important to choose one of these brands to avoid getting a machine that might catch on fire or that isn’t built with the right safety mechanisms to ensure you have the best possible brewing experience.
Most importantly, a quality brand will save you money in the future as any necessary repairs will be more affordable, you typically receive better warranty service and you’ll enjoy a product that has been thoroughly researched and tested.
Benefits of Owning a Coffee Maker
The best coffee maker will save you money over the course of a year. Even with only a good coffee maker, you can rival the coffee that is sold in stores or at your local coffee shop. While it may come as no surprise that saving money is an added benefit of making your own coffee, you might be surprised to learn that with the right coffee maker you can far exceed the coffee you get from your local shop. More importantly, you can customize the beans and get the perfect roast from a nearby roaster to get that fresh-roasted taste. The only option that can really compete is a coffee shop with an in-house roaster that roasts the beans and uses them in their daily coffee.
The best coffee makers will also save you time. Consider how much fuel and time you spend waiting in line for your coffee. Add in a tip at the higher-end stores, and you’ll start to see how this habit can quickly add up. An average bag of beans will run you about $10, and you can also find organic options in that price range. So, you’ll not only save time but you also have the option of getting a healthier cup of coffee. Many coffee maker reviews won’t focus on the cost savings, but this is an essential part of any coffee-making process. The cost of going to a coffee shop will end up being much higher than making your own coffee at home. When you add on the extra sweets and baked goods that you would otherwise avoid when drinking coffee at home, your savings increases even more.
The fact is that the top coffee makers are designed to make your life easier. When you don’t have to stand in line to get a cup of coffee, you’ll have more time to make a healthy meal at home. You also have greater control over the kind of beans you use, the water that goes into your cup and the cleanliness of your machine. When you choose one of the top rated coffee makers, you’ll be able to get more time, money and quality from your new routine. A few minutes each night adding the grinds or pods, and you’ll be set with some superior coffee when you wake up in the morning. While a coffee maker won’t serve you in bed, it comes pretty close.
The Factors to Consider When Buying a Coffee Maker
The best coffee makers are all about options. While you might think faster coffee is best, you need to reset your way of thinking. Sure, when you’re waiting in line for a cup of coffee, you want to get in and out as quickly as possible. However, when you have the luxury of programming your coffee in advance, time no longer matters.
The coffee maker reviews will note that you don’t have to empty your wallet for a great coffee maker, but you should know what to look for to get the best one you can afford. While a simple on and off switch may seem like all you need, when it comes to making great coffee it’s more complicated than hot water and some ground beans.
If you only need a single cup of coffee per day, then it makes no sense to buy a coffee maker that is capable of serving a family of four. It’s best to go with one of the high-end single cup machines. This way, you’ll save more money and waste less coffee. Be honest about your coffee habits to decide is a single-cup coffee maker is right for you. The machines that offer a 2-in-1 option are a good deal, but the coffee from the single brewing side may not be of the same quality. The reason is because a single cup machine needs more pressure and a dedicated interface.
Make sure you measure your cabinets in your kitchen. If the coffee maker doesn’t fit under your cabinets, you’re likely going to grow to resent your coffee machine. For the best performance, you’ll want at least one inch of clearance between the top of your machine and the cabinet. This not only makes the coffee maker safer to use, but it also may be an essential component to making it easy to access the water reservoir. Many reservoirs must be pulled up and out so some clearance is desirable.
Get a coffee maker where you can adjust the brew strength and the length of time for the brewing process when possible. A slower brewing process can give you a richer cup of coffee. A fast brewing process may use different technologies to ensure you get a great cup of coffee. However, you’ll likely find that a slightly slower brew produces a much more enjoyable cup of coffee.
Consider our top coffee makers to replace your non-existing or outdated coffee maker. We only review the top rated coffee makers to ensure that you’ll actually want to use the machine. After all, if the coffee maker is too hard to use or it doesn’t make your life easier, then the machine will just sit in the corner and eventually take up residence in your garage.
Take the time now to go through all of our reviews and find the coffee maker that will give you the best possible cup of coffee at any time of day. Numerous studies have shown that a reasonable amount of coffee per day can help to ward off certain diseases, and you may even be able to prevent yourself from getting Alzheimer’s. There are antioxidants and minerals in every cup of coffee, so your decision to make coffee at home just might improve your health.
Don’t hesitate to buy one of these highly rated coffee makers. When you find the right coffee maker for your home, you’ll be able to start enjoying professional-quality coffee without the fuss and expense of a coffee shop journey.