The best rice cooker provides you with dense, fluffy rice while reducing the chance of over of undercooking your rice. A quick glance of rice cooker reviews shows that some of the best rice cookers are able to consistently cook the rice without burning the rice. From the very first rice cooker that was produced by Mitsubishi in Japan, the top-rated rice cooker has come a long way. The initial unit featured a double-chamber and used indirect heat to cool the rice. It even turned off automatically when the rice was ready for consumption.
The best small rice cooker may be suitable for a small family. Our collection of rice cooker reviews includes a mention of several types of rice cookers, including aroma rice cooker reviews, the best Zojirushi rice cooker, the best stainless steel rice cooker, the best brown rice cooker, and the overall best-rated rice cooker. When looking for a rice cooker, pay special attention to the kind of rice it can cook and the materials used.
A high-quality rice cooker can be used for much more than simply making rice. The top rice cookers are also able to cook up hot cereal, steam vegetables, cook soups, make stews and even create delicious desserts. For advanced dishes, you’ll need a rice cooker that can support non-rice dishes so spending the money on a better rice cooker is a smart decision if you want to get the most utility from your rice cooker. When you find the perfect rice cooker, you’ll be able to make consistent and perfect rice every time and create some of the best-tasting rice you’ve ever enjoyed.
How Much Does a Rice Cooker Cost?
The top rice cooker won’t set you back too far in your budget. The best rice cookers tend to cost from $20 to $200. The cost of the rice cooker will depend largely on your needs and interests. If you just want a simple rice cooker, then you can get one of the best small rice cooker models for less than $50. If you want one of the top-rated rice cookers, expect to pay upwards of $100. This is an example of paying for what you get. If you want quality, spend a bit more to get a rice cooker that will last you a long time. If you only want something cheap to cook rice every now and then, save some money and get a less expensive rice cooker.
Zojirushi, Instant Pot, Cuisinart – What is Best Brand
The manufacturer that makes the best rice cooker is Zojirushi. They have a long history of making exceptional products. Another manufacturer that makes high-quality rice cookers is Instant Pot, they tend to make easy to use products that will help you enjoy delicious rice with little effort. Tiger, Cuisinart, and VitaClay are also some top-rated rice cooker brands that will help you enjoy your rice rather than slave over your meals. Finally, Aroma rice cooker reviews note that these rice cookers are exceptionally well-suited to the modern kitchen, and you should be able to enjoy delicious rice with minimal effort.
Whether you’re looking for the best Zojirushi rice cooker, the best stainless steel rice cooker or the best brown rice cooker, the best-rated rice cooker will help you achieve your goals and make amazing rice in a matter of minutes. No more burning your rice and turning your dish into a chewy mess. Rice is one of the harder foods to get just right, but a rice cooker will go a long way toward simplifying the process.
1. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
The Zojirushi line of rice cookers has some of the best technology available in a rice cooker. Most of them use fuzzy logic technology and they feature advanced options that make it possible to enjoy making rice without having to monitor it the entire time it’s cooking. The NS-TSC10 model contains many useful features that make it possible to enjoy delicious rice in the most efficient way possible.
If you want to make more than rice with your rice cooker, this unit is the one to get. Use one of the pre-configured settings to make several varieties of rice. You can also choose to the cake, steam or brown setting to get rice the way you want it. You’ll be able to make cakes and dessert items in this rice cooker, and the only limitation will be your imagination.
The rice cooker is very easy to clean. Since it’s made of stainless steel, you’ll be able to clean it easily. The device also comes with a delay timer so you can get your rice ready to cook, soak it and then have it set to start at one of two later times. The LCD control panel features an easily readable clock and timer functions, and the reheating option is a great alternative to the warming option that so often dries out the rice after a prolonged period of time.
This is also one of the best brown rice cookers, and it has a special setting for you to cook brown rice. Since brown rice can often be more difficult to cook and requires special settings, this is a great benefit for those who want some quality brown rice for their dishes.
- The rice cooker uses fuzzy logic technology for an exceptional cook every time.
- The automatic keep warm setting will keep your rice warm without drying it out.
- Simple to clean, and it uses stainless steel to make it even easier.
- The melody and beep signal can be interchanged so that you can get the notification that works best for you.
- The power cord is retractable so you can put your rice cooker in a corner of your kitchen or cabinet when you’re finished cooking.
- No matter what rice cooker you use, eventually the warm setting will dry out the rice. This rice cooker is no exception.
- The rice cooker cooks rice perfectly every time, but it might not be the best option for someone who wants a simple start-stop functionality.
- The melody and beep signal can be a little bit harsh, but you’ll know when your rice is ready.
- Fuzzy logic makes it easy to create perfect rice, but it does raise the cost of the product.
2. Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer in Black and Stainless Steel
The first thing you’ll notice about this rice cooker is the small design. It is designed for single batches and small families. You’ll be able to cook three cups of uncooked rice in this cooker, and that ends up making six cups of perfectly cooked rice for you and your family to enjoy. It uses a stainless steel design, and you’ll be able to cook a variety of dishes in here as well. If you like quinoa, this is a great rice cooker for cooking up batches of perfect quinoa.
The rice cooker also has a steaming basket that can be placed above the rice. This is great for steaming vegetables toward the end of your cooking time. The rice cooker is temperamental, and you’ll want to make sure you measure out your rice using the provided cup. This will give you the best results and ensure you get the right proportion for perfect fluffy rice.
If you want to set the timer so that you have rice waiting when you come home, this rice cooker provides that option for you. You’ll be able to start the timer for several hours, and then come home each day to the smell of fresh rice cooked up just for you. The rice cooker is also able to cook using one of the five presets, and there is even a quick cooking option for those who don’t have any time to waste.
The design offers a detachable lid, and you’ll be able to clean most of the parts simply and easily. An inner cooking pan makes it easier than ever to cook your food more effectively, and you’ll be able to easily tuck this rice cooker away when not in use. Thanks to the small design and the retractable cable, this is a perfect rice cooker for those who don’t have much space in their kitchen.
- The small footprint makes it easy to place anywhere in the kitchen.
- Stainless steel makes this easy to clean and durable.
- The keep warm setting works well, provided it’s only used for a brief period of time.
- Color LCD screen makes the rice cooker settings easy to read.
- Many of the parts are detachable for easy cleaning, including the inner lid.
- It’s one of the best small rice cookers, but it only makes about three cups of uncooked rice.
- The menu options are sufficient for most tasks, but it only has five settings.
- The timer makes it possible for you to have rice ready when you come home, but make sure you know how much water to add since the rice will soak up the water while you’re away.
3. Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer in Premium White
This is one of the best small rice cookers on the market, and it features the fuzzy logic technology to automatically adjust the temperature for perfect rice. You’ll love the ability to keep the warmer on for several hours so that you can enjoy delicious rice throughout the day. You can even leave the rice cooker to warm your rice for up to three days before it starts to lose its texture.
There are eight settings, and you can choose to cook your rice in a number of ways. The extra-large display screen makes it easy to program your settings. The brown rice setting works well for cooking hard rice and it will cook at a lower temperature to ensure the rice doesn’t become too mushy. The cooking pan is shaped with a spherical design to ensure your rice gets cooked perfectly every time. The device is even equipped with a fold down handle so that you can easily carry your rice cooker around with you.
The built-in retractable power cord makes it easier to put the rice cooker on the counter or in a corner when it’s not in use. It comes with a space-saving design, and you’ll be able to use the accessories that are designed specifically for use with this product to avoid scratching the interior. With a choice of two measuring cups, you can make the perfect amount of rice every time without having to worry about getting the wrong proportions.
- We love the white design that gives your kitchen a clean and put-together look.
- The exterior of the unit is made of a material that is easy to wipe down for easy cleaning.
- An LCD display makes this an excellent option for those who want an easy to ready display.
- This device holds up to one-liter, which should be enough for most families.
- The pan inside is spherical and uses a non-stick coating to ensure the pan heats uniformly.
- While not as attractive as stainless steel, this rice cooker still looks great in any kitchen.
- The rice cooker is able to keep your rice warm for up to three days, but it’s still best to add a bit of water and reheat your rice.
- When the rice finishes, it plays a tune. It would be nice to disable this option.
4. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
This multifunction rice cooker offers the ability to cook several different types of dishes. You’ll be able to choose from several presets, including slow cooker, saute, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer. The device uses a large, easy-to-read LCD display, and it offers a dual-pressure, automatic keep warm settings with three different temperature settings.
The device comes with several safety mechanisms to make it safer to keep on for extended periods of time. Overall, the cooker comes with 10 safety mechanisms to ensure that you get perfectly cooked rice without creating a dangerous environment. For those who are concerned about pressure cookers due to the safety concerns, this unit offers an exceptional design that should leave no cause for concern.
Since this rice cooker acts as a pressure cooker, it is great for cooking a wider variety of foods. High-pressure cooking reduces the cook time by up to 70 percent. You’ll also be able to avoid the tendency to overcook your rice and other foods. You’ll enjoy an energy-efficient design that is also kitchen-friendly.
You’ll be amazed at how many things you can cook with this rice cooker. You can even fit an entire chicken inside this cooker and have it ready by the end of the day. It cooks chicken that is thoroughly cooked throughout and will provide you with moist and tender dishes that are sure to please the entire family. With so many different options for cooking unique foods, your family is going to love everything that comes out of this 7-in-1 cooker.
- Pressure cooking option reduces cook time by up to 70 percent.
- Comes with 10 proven safety mechanisms to ensure that the rice cooker doesn’t pose a hazard to your home
- There are 14 microprocessor controlled problems, including settings for soup, yogurt, fermented rice and much more.
- Control panel is easy to use and read. This unit comes with a steel steam rack as well.
- Stainless steel materials throughout make the rice cooker durable and easy to clean.
- While the inner pot of made from stainless steel, the outer pot is not made of stainless steel.
- The pressure pin can cause some issues over time and may need eventual replacement.
- Keeping this unit clean can be difficult since the parts are not easily washed in the dishwasher.
5. VitaClay VF7700-6 Chef Gourmet 6-Cup Rice and Slow Cooker
Here is a novel option for those of you who don’t like the idea of a non-stick surface. The clay pot in the VitaClay model offers one of the more interesting ways to cook rice. Using a clay pot can help provide an evener temperature throughout, and it can result in superior quality rice. However, you must be careful to clean the pot immediately after use and follow the proper maintenance procedures to ensure an effective pot.
There are three temperature settings on this pot, and you can use the yogurt, low and high settings to cook various kinds of food. The lowest temperatures keep a range of 110 to 115 degrees. While there isn’t a way to make the machine hold a specific temperature, these three ranges will provide the optimal settings for most dishes. The high setting will bring you to just below boiling for the perfect rice every time.
The clay design makes it possible to create a variety of dishes. You’ll be able to enjoy easy preparation of meals. It’s ideal for those who want an all-natural product and are worried about the possibility of chemicals leaking into their rice. Thanks to the highly porous design, this unit maintains an even temperature. It also offers one of the healthiest methods for cooking a delicious meal.
The feature that allows you to set it and forget it makes it possible to avoid overcooking the rice or other foods. You can have your food waiting for you when you get home by using the conveniently included timer. Additionally, the programmable cooking time will let you cook for 30 minutes up to 12 hours. That’s enough time to slow cook a chicken to absolute perfection. Overall, this is an excellent unit that offers plenty of advanced features for the discriminating chef.
- The rice cooker is programmable, and it holds enough rice for most meals.
- The double-lid design offers a micro-pressure setting that provides 50 percent more energy efficiency.
- Small unit that is able to fit easily on any countertop.
- Modern design will look great in most any kitchen, and most of the surfaces remain cool during the cooking process.
- The natural clay cooking pot makes this a safe alternative to other materials commonly used in rice cookers.
- You must be careful with the clay cooking pot, as it is easily breakable.
- The clay will retain flavors so you must wash it while it’s still warm to prevent holdover from a previous dish.
- Clay pots require careful care and maintenance to avoid damaging the pot, but a new pot can be obtained from the manufacturer if needed.
6. Tiger JNP-1800-FL 10-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer in Floral White
The design of this unit is striking. With its floral theme, you’ll love the way this rice cooker looks on your countertop. The unit comes with several advanced features, and it’s right in the middle of the price range for those who want a more enjoyable flavor without the cost.
There is a non-stick inner pan that allows you to easily clean the unit. It also features a retractable design, so that you can hide the cord and keep the unit sitting squarely on your kitchen counter, or take it with you and cook or reheat your rice at your destination. The top maintains a solid fit, and you won’t have to worry about spillover when you follow the recommended dosing for the unit.
The product is made in Japan, which is the home of the original rice cooker. This rice cooker also comes with several presets to ensure that you’re getting the best quality rice. The presets use an intelligent control to ensure that your rice is cooked properly and with the right temperature. This may not be the ideal rice cooker for those who want to cook a variety of dishes. It tends to cook rice extremely well, but it can be difficult to cook other dishes.
Weighing about 10 pounds, the rice cooker can be moved around and carried with you fairly easily. You can also get the rice cooker in a few different designs. If you don’t like the floral design, there is a stainless steel option that should provide you with a more classic and reliable look. This rice cooker also comes with all of the tools you need to get started right away. You’ll get a spatula, rice measuring cup and the interior pan that is designed to evenly cook your rice.
- This rice cooker has a flower design, which should appeal to those who want an attractive unit.
- The keep-warm function enables you to keep the food warm for up to 12 hours without burning.
- The steam vent is removable and washable to ensure the unit stays clean.
- There is a retractable power cord to ensure that the unit stays in top working order and can be stored in a cabinet.
- A non-stick inner pan works well to prevent food from sticking to the sides of the pan.
- The rice cooker is finicky if you don’t use the supplied measuring cup to get the best results.
- The floral design might not appeal to everyone, and it is a very pronounced theme.
- If you don’t use the right proportion of rice to liquid, the liquid can easily boil over through the steam vent.
7. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer in Stainless Dark Gray
This rice cooker uses induction heating, which heats the inner cooking pan even;y. This results in the ability to maintain precise temperatures to ensure that your rice comes out perfectly. The pan itself is heated using a system that incorporates magnets into the process. You’ll be able to prepare rice and other foods using high heat without burning your food. This rice cooker also enables you to make perfect sushi rice so you can experiment with hand rolling your own sushi creations.
There is a multi-function menu that offers settings for a variety of foods. One special setting is the GABA brown rice setting. It uses a specific temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours to ensure that the nutrient content is kept in brown rice. This process of cooking increases the nutrient level of the rice by 1.5 times. There is also a Jasmine setting that enables you to cook Jasmine rice without worrying about pre-soaking. The unit will soak the rice for you and then automatically begin the cooking process.
When it comes time for you to enjoy your rice, a melody sounds to let you know the rice is ready to eat. This setting can also be set to a single beep or turned off to avoid bothering others in the house. The rice cooker also comes with a warm setting so you can keep your rice warm for up to eight hours. The extended war setting enables you to keep the temperature slightly lower to avoid the yellow tinge and dry texture that often comes from an extended warm setting. Additional settings allow you to cook your rice the way you want and you can select from a regular, soft or hard setting.
- Induction heating uses a magnetic material that is placed in a magnetic field to heat the inner cooking pan.
- The rice cooker uses an easily readable LCD control panel.
- The clock and timer make it easy to program your cooker to prepare your meals at a specific time.
- Offers healthy cooking options, including brown rice, GABA brown rice and germinated brown rice.
- Stainless steel exterior makes it easy to keep this unit clean and looking brand new.
- The inner pan is not dishwasher safe since it has a non-stick coating.
- It’s important to select the right setting. For example, the Jasmine rice setting is 90 minutes because it pre-soaks the rice. But, if you already pre-soaked your rice, this setting won’t work.
- Rice must be carefully measured using the provided measuring cup to ensure your rice is cooked properly.
8. Cuisinart CRC-800 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Cuisinart is known for its attractive design and well-built products. This rice cooker is capable of doing much more than simply cooking rice. You’ll also be able to cook meats and steam vegetables for a complete meal with minimal effort.
In some ways, this rice cooker offers a very simple and convenient way to cook your rice. You only have one setting to choose from. Once your rice is finished cooking, the warm setting automatically activates to prevent your food from getting cold.
When the cooking phase completes, the unit switches to the warm setting to ensure that your rice stays at the perfect temperature. This is indicated by two different colored LED lights. The parts of this unit are completely removable, and the unit is dishwasher safe to make it easier to clean.
The rice cooker also comes with a book to create several different meals that are designed specifically for the cooker. Provided you use the included dosing cup, you’ll be able to get perfect rice each time. This unit avoids burning the rice when you follow the instructions, but certain types of rice like Jasmine and brown rice may need additional preparation before cooking.
The rice cooker doesn’t include a timer, so you can’t adjust the amount of time your rice cooks for. However, the preset cook time seems to work extremely well for most types of rice. It also comes with baskets for you to place your vegetables and meats in. This will ensure you’re able to a complete meal to go along with your rice. Overall, it’s an exceptionally well-designed machine that cooks well, but you’ll have to sacrifice the ability to make discrete decisions.
- The rice cooker is able to make rice, meat and vegetables.
- The square shape makes it fit well in your kitchen, and it can easily slide into any corner.
- After cooking, the system automatically begins to warm your food to ensure your food doesn’t get cold.
- The stainless steel steaming basket is easy to clean, and won’t leach chemicals into your food.
- Comes with a glass lid, paddle and a measuring cup to get you started.
- The design isn’t traditional, but the square design does fit better in a corner.
- There is no option to prevent switching to the warm setting when finished.
- There are only two cooking options. You must choose cook or warm and there is no way to adjust the temperature setting.
9. Zojirushi NS-VGC05 Micom 3-Cup (Uncooked) Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer
The Micom 3-Cup Electric Rice Cooker is another product by Zojirushi, and it uses fuzzy logic technology to ensure a properly cooked batch of rice each time. The cooker holds three cups of uncooked rice, and it can produce up to six cups of cooked rice. It’s easy to use and read thanks to the LCD control panel that makes it possible to ensure you’re getting the best possible control over your food.
The thick inner pan features a spherical shape to ensure that the rice cooks evenly. The rice cooker is easy to clean and maintain. The detachable power cord makes it easier to store this rice cooker when it’s not in use. You can also travel fairly easily with the rice cooker to take your rice with you anywhere. While it’s not rated for outdoor use, provided you have a clean, flat and level surface, this rice cooker would work in an outdoor setting.
The menu settings provide the optimal settings to make white rice, mixed rice, sushi rice, porridge, and cake. The rinse-free setting and quick cooking options are less commonly found options that will enable you to cook additional types of rice with little to no preparation. Unlike many rice cookers, you can cook as little as 1/2 cup of rice, which is perfect if you’re just making a single meal for yourself.
This is a rice cooker that is able to automatically respond to the current state of your rice. It adjusts the temperature and length of the cooking time to help you get the perfect rice each time. For its utility and performance, this is an exceptional rice cooker that will make quick work of even the most difficult to cook rice.
- Fuzzy logic technology offers one of the best technologies for cooking rice.
- The design of the inner pan is a spherical shape to ensure all of your rice is cooked evenly.
- An LCD control panel makes it easy to read the settings and configure the cooker in the manner that best suits your needs.
- Brown rice is made simply using the preconfigured brown rice setting that cooks the rice for a longer period of time.
- Ideal for smaller households that don’t need to make large amounts of rice for each meal.
- The rice cooker isn’t very large, which means you won’t be able to cook large batches.
- The automatic keep warm setting doesn’t have a lower setting to keep food warm for extended periods.
- Featuring a more egg-shaped design, some people might not like the unusual shape of the rice cooker.
10. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer and Slow Cooker in White
The cooking pan on this unit uses a BPA-free material to reduce the chance of toxins leaching into the food. It also features an innovative synchro option that makes it possible to cook a main dish along with your rice. The design prevents the flavors leaching off your main dish into the rice. This makes the cooking experience more enjoyable, and you’ll still get clean, plain rice when you’re finished.
When it comes to settings, this rice cooker has four intelligent settings that allow you to choose the right cooking temperature and time for your rice. The rice cooker also has a keep warm setting that makes it possible to warm your rice to the proper temperature. The inner pot is made with a non-stick material that is designed to make it easy to clean and prevent food from sticking to the pot.
A variety of accessories are included to help you get started cooking right away. The measuring cup provides an easy to use guide to select the proper proportions of rice to ensure that your rice comes out properly each time. You’ll also enjoy the one-button operation that simplifies the process of cooking your food.
For the price range, this is an excellent rice cooker. You’ll be able to cook your rice perfectly without burning it every time. The pan is designed to evenly heat your rice so that you don’t end up with some burnt rice on the bottom. For those who simply want to cook exceptional rice, steam the occasional vegetables and cook a main dish on the top portion, this rice cooker will give you tremendous results each time.
- Affordable and small, this rice cooker offers a good value.
- Designed to make it possible to start cooking with one-button functionality.
- There are four menu settings to make it possible to customize your rice.
- The Synchrony-cooking function offers a unique cooking method that enables you to cook advanced dishes by cooking both the main dish and the rice at the same time.
- Comes with several accessories to help you get cooking on the very first day.
- Small design won’t allow you to cook large portions if you have company coming over or a large family.
- No timer or clock for pre-programming cooking preferences.
- Options are limited to plain, synchro, brown, slow cook and warm options.
11. Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup (Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker in White
Stainless steel offers a sturdy, reliable and safe material that won’t leach into your cooking. This rice cooker by Aroma is made completely from stainless steel, and it’s one of the best Aroma rice cooker options available. While we were conducting Aroma rice cooker reviews, we were impressed with its simple design, effective rice cooking, and highly-durable materials. You don’t get much better than 100 percent surgical-grade 304 stainless steel.
The inner cooking pot can be easily placed in the dishwasher once the food is finished cooking. Since it’s stainless steel, you don’t have to worry about the materials rusting or degrading with time. However, for best results, the pan should be placed on the top shelf of the dishwasher when possible. The simple one-button setup makes it possible to set your food to cook and come back when it’s ready to serve.
The lid is made of glass, and there are no materials that can leach toxins and chemicals into your foods. The product also has various safety mechanisms to ensure that it doesn’t pose a risk to you or your family. You can leave the unit safely unattended as long as you properly place the cooker. Don’t place it on an uneven surface or near any objects that could potentially catch fire.
It’s large enough to cook two to six cups of any kind of rice. There is an optional steaming tray that you can purchase, but it does cost extra and isn’t included in the basic package. You’ll get a rice measuring cup and the serving spatula to ensure you don’t damage the interior of the pan with a harsh metal spoon.
The system cooks restaurant-quality rice, and you’ll enjoy the convenience of being able to throw all of your dishes in the wash at the end of the day. For worry-free and no-hassle cooking, this is a good simple unit that will serve you well for years.
- The stainless steel design offers an exceptional level of durability to provide you with years of service.
- Utilizing a smart and easy to clean removable pot makes this cooker simple to clean.
- Prepares multiple varieties of cooked rice with a simple one-button system.
- Works great for cooking larger batches of oatmeal, soup and other foods.
- Switches to a warm setting once the food is ready for serving.
- The outside of the unit gets very hot to the touch during cooking.
- The unit doesn’t offer any customization options, it’s a one-button switch.
- The steam tray is sold seperately, so you won’t have everything you need right out of the box.
12. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer with Stainless Steel Exterior
Aroma rice cooker reviews often regard this unit as one of the company’s best rice cookers. For what you get, it’s an exceptional value for the price. The entire unit and interior pan are made from stainless steel. This means you’ll be able to place the tray and included materials in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. The look is incredible, and it will provide any kitchen with a professional and put-together look to be proud of.
When it comes to setting up your meats and vegetables for cooking, you’ll love the quick rice function that will cut your rice cooking time down by 50 percent. The 15-hour delay timer is also nice for when you want to prepare your rice or you want to let your oatmeal sit overnight before cooking. Many people leave their oatmeal to soak since it has shown to make the oatmeal more easily digestible.
The micro-computer in the unit will automatically optimize the cooking temperature to enhance the flavor and texture of the food. This is great for those who have trouble overcooking their rice with other brands of rice cookers. While the cooker is designed for cooking rice, you can also use it to cook meats, vegetables and soups. No matter what you cook, you’ll find the optimal settings using the intelligent controls on the front of the unit.
The plastic parts used in the unit are made from BPA-free plastic for better safety. This unit will save you time and make your days more productive since you can set it up to start cooking and then come back when it’s finished. Even 15 minutes a day can add up when you have an intelligent rice cooker that is designed to give you exceptional quality rice every time.
- Stainless steel throughout, including the pan and the exterior make this an exceptionally durable unit.
- Delay timer lets you configure the rice cooker to start up to 15 hours later.
- Provides a finished product of eight cups of rice to feed larger groups.
- All of the accessories are included, including the steam tray.
- The inner cooking pot is removable along with the accessories for simple cleanup.
- It’s a larger design, but this might be needed for those who need to cook larger batches.
- The keep warm setting works well, but you’ll have to be careful since your rice can dry out.
- The steam tray is made of plastic, but it is BPA-free.
13. Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cup uncooked) Digital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer with Stainless Steel Exterior
Aroma produces some of the world’s best rice cookers, and it’s the number one selling brand in the United States. The capacity of this rice cooker is a whopping 20 cups of rice. It’s simple and effective design makes it possible to customize your rice cooking while still maintaining an easy to use and intuitive interface. Large buttons make it easy to adjust your settings, and the exterior of the unit gets warm but doesn’t get too hot.
The unit is capable of setting itself to come on up to 15 hours later. This is great for those who want to have food ready when they come home, but don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing meals. Coming home to a fresh bowl of rice and some vegetables offers an excellent way to start your night. The unit also offers a completely stainless steel design, which makes it easy to put the unit in the dishwasher.
The main settings on this unit are the keep-warm, white rice, brown rice, steam, flash rice and slow cook functions. These functions are enhanced by the smart microprocessor that can automatically adjust the heat to ensure a properly cooked meal from start to finish. The slow cook option is great for those who want their foods to marinate for several hours and get the best possible nutrient profile.
- Massive rice cooker is capable of producing 20 cups of cooked rice.
- The company offers a keep warm setting that actually works to keep your rice warm.
- Programmable options make this suitable for those who want to prepare meals in advance.
- The unit offers more than one function to cook the perfect rice every time.
- Comes with a steam tray and useful accessories to cook your food more effectively.
- The unit may be larger than most people need.
- It’s a bit heavy, but that’s to be expected with stainless steel.
- Due to the units size, this isn’t a cooker you’ll probably want to take with you or move to a cabinet when it’s not in use.
14. Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
As one of the more affordable rice cookers on the market, this one doesn’t offer many features. However, if you just want to cook a batch of rice, this unit will do that for you. With this unit, it’s extremely important to use the right amount of rice in proportion to water. Otherwise, your rice may end up overcooked. The unit uses a simple one-button design, and you’ll be able to enjoy fresh, delicious rice with minimal effort using this rice cooker.
As a lower-end cooker, it still provides the option to cook, steam and warm your foods. While those who want more control over the temperature may want a different product, this option is great for people who have simple needs and just want a unit that will get the job done. It cooks rice well when you follow the directions exactly, but you’ll be hard-pressed to cook any amounts that use less than three cups of dry rice.
- The unit has a stylish look, and it comes in three possible color options.
- It’s affordable, and it will provide a good option for people who don’t cook rice often.
- Steaming vegetables is a breeze with the included steam tray, and you’ll love the ability to create healthy and nutritious meals.
- All of the parts are dishwasher safe, which makes this an easy unit to clean up.
- The rice cooker doesn’t have any advanced features. Depending on the type of rice, you may have to experiment with the proportions of rice and water.
- While you can cook other foods in this cooker as well, you’ll have to watch them to prevent overcooking.
- The unit cooks up to six cups of rice, but cooking any less produces less desirable results.
15. BLACK+DECKER RC506 6-Cup Cooked/3-Cup Uncooked Rice Cooker and Food Steamer in White
This is one of the best cheap rice cookers you can get on the low-end spectrum. It simply cooks rice, which may be ideal for those who want a rice cooker that is devoted to cooking just rice. It has all of the features you need, including an automatic keep warm button that warms your food once it’s completed cooking. It also includes a nonstick pot to make cleanup easier.
The food steaming basket is a nice plus, especially since many of the higher priced brands will make you purchase a steam basket separately. This is a good unit if you are willing to accept the presets and follow the directions exactly for cooking rice. One thing this unit doesn’t do as well is cooking brown rice. Brown rice requires a longer cook time, and that’s not possible to automate with this unit.
There are plenty of smart features that makes this a good option for someone who is on a budget. The glass top is made from tempered glass, and it has a built-in steam vent to ensure the steam can escape the pot. The built-in lid hook also stays cool, which makes it easier for you to remove the lid at the end without burning yourself.
- Refreshingly simple one-button cook design.
- The unit bears a strong resemblence to a crockpot, and will match well with most kitchens.
- Includes a steamer basket, serving scoop and ric measuring cup.
- Non-stick basket makes for an easy cleanup.
- There are no options to customize the rice cooking preferences.
- Unit doesn’t have any smart technology to control the temperature for the best results.
- For the best results, you need to make a full pot of rice.
Fuzzy Logic Cookers: Is Fuzzy Logic Worth It?
When it comes to the best rice cooker, people often hear the name fuzzy logic thrown around. Fuzzy logic isn’t a brand name, but a type of rice cooker. They use a computer chip to control the cooking time and temperature. This gives the rice a better overall consistency because the rice cooker is designed to make “decisions” based on how the rice is cooking. Many of the rice cooker reviews available will not that rice cookers that use fuzzy logic are the best rice cookers. Even the best small rice cooker can be improved with the addition of fuzzy logic circuitry. Most of the top-rated rice cookers will include fuzzy logic technology. If you care about your rice being cooked perfectly each time, then you’ll love the addition of fuzzy logic. It makes the entire process of cooking rice much simpler.
Safety and Maintenance Tips for Rice Cooker
Even the best rice cooker isn’t perfect all of the time. Since rice cookers are so commonly used unattended, there are various safety mechanisms in place to ensure the device is safe to use. Each rice cooker is different, so it’s important you read the owner’s manual. Some basic safety precautions include learning where the hot surfaces of the product are and avoiding contact with those surfaces during and after operation. You should also always place your rice cooker on a stable and even surface.
When cleaning your rice cooker, avoid submerging it in water or placing it in the dishwasher. Even the pans, trays and utensils that come with your rice cooker should be washed by hand unless noted otherwise. The device should always be unplugged when not in use. Not only will this protect you from it accidentally getting turned on, but you’ll be able to ensure that phantom power isn’t drawn from the device and increasing your power bill. Never put your hand or face near the device while it’s on. It may be tempting to smell that rice, but steam can burn effectively and quickly. It’s also not recommended to use a rice cooker outside unless it is specifically designed to be used in that manner.
When you’re looking for the best rice cooker, you can save yourself some time by checking out all of our rice cooker reviews. Remember that the best rice cookers are the ones that you are able to use easily and that help you make better rice. A rice cooker doesn’t have to take up a lot of space. Even the best small rice cooker will provide you with plenty of rice for most meals and small families. Make sure you only purchase top-rated rice cookers and select the best-rated rice cooker your money can buy.
It’s time to take the guesswork out of making rice. Rice is a healthy and nutritious dish that can complement a number of foods. Get your rice cooker today, and enjoy delicious rice without the fuss today.